Cartable Characters is looking for a few Good Actors
– or Actors who wanna Get Good!
FCCT traveling repertory troupe, the “Cartable Characters” is looking for a few good actors (or actor wanna bees!) We perform 2 or 3 short, fun, easy scripts per season with room for improv, have variable performance dates, and satisfaction guaranteed when you entertain groups of laughing children.
What’s the catch? You need to have a flexible work schedule that allows for performing these fun fairytales during the day at school assemblies, or early evenings for family nights at schools. Rehearsals are once a week on Tuesdays, as needed to prepare for an upcoming performance, with breaks built in to accommodate individual scheduling needs.
This would not be a year-round commitment. Seasonal guidelines are being established:
- Summer – Our “development” time to prepare 3 new stories for the next “season,” with potential performances at summer programs using already established stories and actors. Rehearsals will be set as needed to train new actors.
- Fall – Sept. 1 to Oct. 31, will be open to school performances and therefore weekly rehearsals will be needed to prepare and perform.
- Winter – Nov. 1 to Jan. 1 – break time for us since this is when the main stage production is in full swing, and the holidays are too busy. No performances or rehearsals during this time.
- Spring – Jan. to June 1 – Potentially our busiest time performing at schools.
When to jump in? No time like the present! Summer would be a great time to get in on the new season. Contact us on the “Contact Us” page of this website to find out more and start “acting-up!”